transport.telangana.gov.in What is the procedure to obtain Application for Learner Permanent Driving License
The Government of Telangana is providing Simple, Moral, Accountable, Responsive and Transparent (SMART) services to their citizens. The Transport Department providing you all the facilities related to transport. It is very simple process to get Driving License in Telangana.
For obtaining a Driving Licence, one can approach the offices of Transport Department on all working days. Apart from this, the Government has initiated a special program for the convenience of the public. Accordingly, the Transport Department has made special arrangements on Monday and Tuesday of every week and also on every fourth Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. to issue Driving Licences.
Any person who is driving a motor vehicle, must have Valid Driving License. It is necessary to have a valid Driving License to drive a motor vehicle in public place as per the Motor Vehicle Act 1988.
What is the procedure for Obtaining a Driving License in Telangana:
There are two (2) phase to get a Driving License. In first phase, the applicant can obtain a Learner License. LL is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of Issue. In second phase, the applicant can apply for permanent driving license. The applicant can apply for permanent licence after one month of issue of Learners License. Here below I am explaining you the whole procedure of getting Driving License.
Phase I – Obtain Learner’s License:
- To get the learners license, the applicant should present personally before the Licensing Authority and fill the Form 2.
What documents required to get Learners License in Telangana:
@ Fill the Application Form 2 which is available at RTA office
@ Submit the Fee of Rs. 50/
@ Submit the Proof of Age – you can submit anyone of the following:
a) A copy of Passport
b) Copy of PAN
c) A photocopy of School certificate
d) Birth certificate issued by State Govt./ MCH authorities
@ You have to submit Proof of Residence – You can submit anyone of the given below
a) Ration Card copy
b) Electricity bill
e) Pay Slip or Identity card issued by state/central govt. having residential address.
- After the filling up of application form alongwith the submission of required documents, a digital photo of applicant will be taken by the RTA authority. The applicant need not to take any photograph of themselves.
- The last stage of getting a learners license is to clear a written test. The test is based on traffic signal, rules and regulations. The applicant will have to answer 20 question in 10 mintues and the passing marks is 12.
Phase II – Obtain Permanent License:
- The applicant can apply for the permanent license only if he/she holds a learner license for a minimum period of 1 month.
- The applicant need to present personally at Licensing authority with all required documents and original learners license
- Then the applicant will have to fill the Application Form 4.
- Submit the fee of Rs. 125/- .
- After the submission of form and documents and fee, the authority will take you to the driving test.
- Once the applicant cleared the driving test, the permanent driving license will be issued to him/her.
Note: The applicant must bring their own vehicle as the department will not provide any vehicle for driving test.
Documents required to obtain Permanent Driving License in Telangana:
- Application Form No. 4
- Deposit the Fee of Rs. 125/- for test and license
- Valid learners license
Home Page : http://www.transport.telangana.gov.in/