Procedure to apply for Driving License and Duplicate License – Transport Dept. RTO Bihar
The online facility of getting driving license is also provided by the Bihar Government to their citizens. You can download the application form from the official website of Bihar www.biharonline.gov.in. After downloading and filling up, the form can be submitted to the Regional Transport Office in which you resides. One can get all the information about the driving license, registration, pollution control, collection of motor vehicle tax etc. from the official portal of Transport Department of Bihar state http://transport.bih.nic.in/.
Below I am giving you the procedure of getting Driving License in Bihar.
Driving License is provided by the Government to those who are ready to drive any type of motor vehicle on public place. This License is authorise the people that he/she is eligible to drive any motor vehicle on public road of India. No person is allowed to drive any motor vehicle without having valid driving license with them.
There are 2 types of Driving License in India which is provided by the Government to the applicant.
1. Learners License- Any person who want driving license must apply for learner’s license first. This is valid for six months period.
2. Driving License- This can be obtained after one month of issue of learner’s license.
Eligibility for Driving License in Bihar:
a. A person who has completed 16 years of age can apply for license for driving a Motor Cycle without Gear not exceeding 50 cc.
b. A person who has completed 18 years of age can apply for driving licence for driving a Motor Cycle with Gear and Light Motor Vehicle.
c. A person who has completed 20 years of age may get a license for driving a Transport Vehicle, if he/she has permanent driving license.
Procedure to apply for Driving License in Bihar:
1. If you want to have a valid driving license with you, then you need to visit to the local transport office of your area with the application form along with the required documents like, documents related to age proof, address proof, passport size photographs, medical fitness certificates and appropriate fees.
2. Apply for learner’s license. To obtain LL, you have to qualify the computer test held by RTO office based on traffic ruled, traffic signal, rules and regulations. After passing the test the applicant will get a learners license on the spot.
3. After one month of issue of learner’s license, applicant can apply for permanent driving license. For this the applicant must have learner’s license.
4. Driving test will be held to check your skills of driving before issuing of permanent license. For this the applicant must bring their own vehicle. After passing the driving test, the driving license will be issued to you.
Procedure to apply for Duplicate Driving License in Bihar:
Duplicate Driving License will be issued in case of lost, theft, defacement. The applicant can apply for duplicate driving license in the form of application which can be downloaded from the website www.biharonline.gov.in or the applicant can apply for it online also.
Important Points in case of Duplicate Driving License:
I. I would suggest applicant for duplicate license, they must file the FIR against the earlier one driving license.
II. Produce the copy of FIR to the office of RTO with the prescribed form LLD for duplicate license.
III. Submit the copy of the driving license, if have, as it is useful to track your license easily.